Missed or Irregular Periods - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What was the date of your last menstrual period?
- When was your previous period? Was it
- If you are a teen, do you have regular cycles, such as a
period every 21 to 45 days?
- If you are an adult, do you have
regular cycles, such as a period every 21 to 35 days?
- How old were you when your periods
- Are you sexually active?
- What type of
birth control are you using? How long have you been
- Have you missed any birth control pills or failed to have
your hormonal injection according to schedule?
- Have you done a
home pregnancy test? When did you do the test? What
was the result?
- Have you been under increased physical or emotional
- Have you recently changed your diet or exercise
- Have you recently gained or lost weight?
prescription and nonprescription medicines are you taking? Are you using
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
July 02, 2009
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Missed or Irregular Periods Topics